Successful Real Estate Investment...
Learn From My Experiences
How To Buy, Sell And Manage Apartment Buildings And Other Commercial Real Estate Investment Properties For Huge Cash Flow And Profits
My strategy for investing in real estate changed on the spot when I heard him say...
"I make over $15,000 per month in positive cash flow from my multi-family investments..."
Those words served as the catalyst for what has now been a successful 17 year career as a professional commercial real estate investor. Since the day I heard them I have bought, sold and managed for my own portfolio, many millions of dollars worth of commercial properties. This is in addition to structuring real estate syndicates and partnerships to acquire other commercial properties. And I have to say, that many of the most profitable deals along the way have been apartment buildings.
The gentleman who spoke those words to me had only been investing in multi-families (apartment buildings and townhouse complexes) for about 18 months, and already he had created a huge positive monthly cash flow for himself. I was enthralled to say the least. And, I wanted to know more!
At the time I had been focusing on investing in single-family homes. Buy, renovate (if necessary), rent out, and hold for the long-term appreciation. Not a bad strategy (and one that, in my opinion, is too often dismissed as inferior these days), but what I really wanted was CASH FLOW. I learned very quickly that you couldn't live on future appreciation. And if I have to be completely honest, I was hungry to start doing the BIG DEALS. I wanted to put together the type of real estate investment deals that could literally earn me hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars in one transaction.
As it turns out, on my very first commercial real estate investment my profit was in the seven figure range. How did I do it? Well, to begin with I worked hard to make sure that I put all the pieces in place and gathered all the information I needed to ensure that when the right deal presented itself, I was ready.
Keep in mind that when I started out, getting good information about investing in commercial real estate, including apartment complexes, was very difficult. There was the odd book in the library, (I had read Trump's "The Art Of The Deal") but I found that most of those books gave you the "30,000 foot" view. I needed the down to earth nitty-gritty stuff. I needed the information that wasn't available to the average person.
I had to go and dig it up myself.
Having just completed an MBA in Finance a few years earlier, I combined my new-found information with my finance background and set to work to develop a solid real estate investment strategy.
In the end I devised a real estate investment formula for commercial properties that I still use to this day. Sure I have changed and added strategies along the way, but the basic premise of my theory has served me very well these past 17 years.
And the best part is, I am inviting you to share in my experiences.
I will outline the basics for you so that you can approach your first apartment building real estate investment with confidence. You can learn from my successes and perhaps more importantly, my mistakes. I will share real life examples to illustrate important points. And in many instances I will provide you with actual forms, contracts, reports, etc. that you must become familiar with in order to truly understand this business.
Have I piqued your curiosity yet? Great!
Here's how to get the most out of this real estate investment website...
1. Sign up for my newsletter "How To Create Huge Cash Flow And Profits Investing In Apartment Buildings". Now, before you say to yourself, "Great, another newsletter!" (in your most sarcastic voice of course), let me stop you. In this website I share my real life experiences from the past 14 years of investing in apartment buildings and commercial real estate. BUT, it is a work in progress. As such, I am constantly adding to (and changing if necessary) the information contained in it. The best way to stay abreast of my most recent "ramblings" is to subscribe to my newsletter. In fact, sometimes I save some of my best tips and examples just for my subscribers. Things like...
- How I made a seven figure profit on my first commercial real estate deal.
- How I increased the value of one apartment property from $625,000 to $850,000 in 7 months with one of my value adding techniques.
- How to properly purchase apartment buildings to ensure that you can "hang on" through any downturns in the market.
- Many more valuable tips.
And don't worry about receiving five emails a day from me. You won't. I send the newsletter as necessary, usually a couple times a month. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
Just provide your first name and email address and your on your way.
Important: Your email address will be safe and secure. I will not sell it or rent it out. Period. I make it very easy for you to unsubscribe as well (but I don't think you will). To ensure that you receive each issue, I encourage you not to use a free email address.
2. Read the website.
3. Come back and read the website more.
4. Get out there in the real world and get started.
So, without further adieu.
Come on in...
- Free Apartment Building Real Estate Investing Newsletter
- Subscribe for free to my apartment building real estate investing newsletter. Learn how I made a profit of over $2 million on my first commercial deal and other invaluable information.
- Apartment Investing | A Real Life Example Of Passive Income
- Would you like to see an actual apartment investing deal that
- Real Estate Investing In Apartment Buildings. Can You Succeed?
- Real estate investing in multi-unit buildings is a great way to create wealth and cash flow. Find out what you need to know before you choose to invest in apartment complexes.
- My Real Estate Investment Business And Why I Love It
- How to set up a real estate investment business that is a business in the true sense of the word. Wh this particular type of investment real estate is the perfect business.
- When Investing In Real Estate, What Are The Advantages Of Apartment Buildings?
- Learn the advantages of investing in real estate vs. other investment vehicles, as well as the advantages of apartment complexes vs. other real estate investments.
- Investment Real Estate vs. The Stock Market, Which Is Better?
- Investment real estate offers opportunities for excess returns, whereby the stock market does not. True or false?
- Apartment Buildings For Sale, Tips For Locating The Profitable Ones
- Finding apartment buildings for sale is easy. There are dozens of ways of finding properties. However, knowing how to locate profitable apartment properties takes some know-how and patience.
- Commercial Real Estate Investment Properties - Value Increasing Strategies
- Whether you currently own a commercial real estate investment property, or are considering purchasing one, you must understand the different techniques that will add value to the property.
- Property Management - How Hiring A Great Company Earned Me Over $2 Million...
- Don't get sucked in to the mantra that holding investment properties for the long term and dealing with property management isn't worth it.
- Commercial Property Valuation - The 3 Basic Techniques
- The valuation of a commercial property is done differently than single family homes. Especially when it comes to apartment complexes.
- Real Estate Tax... Do You Have To Pay It Or Not?
- Understanding how real estate tax affects your bottom line profits and more importantly, understanding how to aggressively avoid those taxes is imperative in order to maximize your real estate returns
- Don't Buy An Apartment Complex Until You Know Your Exit Strategies
- Like buying any other business, when you buy an apartment complex, especially your first one, you must have a clear set of exit strategies in place.
- Commercial Real Estate Agent - Using One To Find Apt Building Deals
- Why is it so important to find the right commercial real estate agent in order to be successful in the apartment building investment game?
- Defining Cap Rate Is Simple. Using It In The Real World Is Not.
- The mathematical definition of cap rate is straight forward, but its application to valuing commercial real estate is anything but.
- Commercial Real Estate Due Diligence Guide
- Understanding how to properly conduct a commercial real estate due diligence process can greatly enhance the probability of you becoming a successful apartment building investor.
- Environmental Site Assessment Guide For Real Estate Investors
- An introductory guide to the environmental site assessment process. Phase I, phase II and phase III environmental site assessments and reports are discussed.
- Residential Real Estate Investment vs. Commercial
- Find out the pros and cons of both commercial and residential real estate investment. Which is best for you?
- Commercial Real Estate Investment Blog
- The Commercial Real Estate Investment Blog keeps you up to date on all things happening on this site.